Index  |  FAQ  |  Search   |  Register  |  Login

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:06 pm

upgrade for accord sv4 
 Post subject: upgrade for accord sv4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:48 am 
SOHC
SOHC

Hi to all honda seniors, :)

i'm new here, also new honda car owner.. just bought a honda accord sv4 2.2 manual 94, vtec singlecam.. right now i'm considering to upgrade to H22A Vtec DOHC manual.. after make a survey, there are a few type of H22A engines out there.. so i really need some good advices from honda experts here to help me in these: :?

1) H22A from what h/cut is the best for SV4? i found out that there are many type of them (blacktop lah... redtop lah... prelude h/cut lah... euro r h/cut lah), what are their differents?

2) Is H22A from CF or CL euro R can fit to this car without problem?

3) my car already manual, so can H22A auto engine fit with my manual gearbox without problem? or there is any side effect for this match?

4) any suggestion for bodykit? i haven't found any good bodykit for this model (CF & CL have euro r bodykit huhuhu)..

5) any suggestions for h/cut shop with really good price for sv4 autoparts? (Terengganu, Kuantan & KL area)

sorry for asking lots of questions, very new in H22A world hehe.. Kindly need advises and guides here.. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:32 am 
DOHC i-VTEC
DOHC i-VTEC

Currently Driving: Scania 144L 530hp
Woot! another Accordian!

just kidding.

first and foremost, good buy on the CD5.

secondly, your H22a swap depedns on your budget. If I were on a straight, no-nonsense budget, I would go out and get a CD6/CD8/CF2 halfcut, since it is a direct swap, and ALL the parts from the JDM car fits nicely.

dashboard, cluster, larger rotor and caliper, headlights (if your lucky).

but the CD6 H22a only has 190PS. there is a manual variant, but they are hard to come by. the P2T4 trans comes with an optional LSD.

Next up is the H22a from the prelude. BB1 or BB4, OBD-I motor. you can only get the engine + trans, and perhaps the rotors (if they are the 17CL15VN calipers) earlier BB1 preludes had the smaller Akebono 2227 caliper. H22as in the Prelude come with 200PS, manual and auto. the M2B4 manual trans comes with an optional LSD

Then there is the OBD-II H22a from the BB6/8. If you find a BB8 with ATTS, you will need a non-ATTS intake manifold. Also, you are converting your car to OBD-II. Not much of a problem though. Not many manual BB6/8 are available, as most of them are the tiptronic variant. this H22a has 200PS.

Then comes the H22a from the EuroR (H22aR) and TypeS (H22aS), both are named H22a, I just gave that name for easy reference.

Both have 220PS, 5 speed manual, LSD. Massively expensive. OBD-II

There is also an H23a DOHC VTEC that came in the CH9/CL2 SiR Accord Wagon. 200PS, tiptronic ONLY. essentially the CF4 wagon.

Another alternative is the F20B DOHC VTEC from the CF4, comes in two guises, the auto SiR and manual SiR-T. Auto has 180PS, manual has 200PS and LSD. OBD-II motors. The tiptronic works well.

Here is an auto F20B DOHC VTEC in a CD5:

Budget wise, the cheapest might be the CD6/CD8/CF2

then the CF4 and BB1/4

then the B6/8

and finally, the H22aR and H22aS, both costing more than RM10k

Manual halfcuts are more expensive compared to their auto counterparts. Lucky you have a manual chassis.

If you plan to go auto, you night need to hack the mounting point and re-weld, or get a manual-to-auto mount kit. I dont know if there are any, because people rarely convert from manual to auto. There is an auto-to-manual mount kit. plug-n-play.

Choose your poison!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:42 pm 
SOHC
SOHC

wahh, thanks a lot bro bein.. Very details haa, i'm appreciate it bro..

So that's mean all H22A engines from variant models can be fit to my sv4 without problem (no mounting modified)?
also, can anyone give me the price range for all this halfcut?
1) H22A from CD6/CD8/CF2
2) H22A from CF4 and BB1/4
3) H22A from Prelude B6/8
4) H22A Euro R (gulp!!)

F20B? so it is 2 liter engine, which mean i will downgrade the CC.. is it a good idea?

i already got a manual gearbox, so if i buy a H22A auto, can this engine mix with my manual gearbox? i dont think i will go to auto, no feeling la when pressing the paddle hehe..

bro, any suggestion for cool bodykit? i found out that bumper from accord wagon look very cool, but i think it is hard to find :(

anyway, thanks alot bro bein.. tabik spring for you bro..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:55 pm 
DOHC i-VTEC
DOHC i-VTEC

Currently Driving: Scania 144L 530hp
the F20B is not considered a downgrade, considering that even the auto version packs more power than your F22B.

F20B: 180PS, 192Nm (auto), 200PS, 200NM (manual)

you even save on roadtax!

ANY F-series (except the F20C/F22C) manual gearbox will hookup to an H22a, but you will compromise on the gearing, as the F-series gearboxes have longer ratioes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:15 am 
SOHC
SOHC

hail vtec.. where you got the manual h22a gearbox?? price???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:36 pm 
SOHC
SOHC

tiruk wrote:
hail vtec.. where you got the manual h22a gearbox?? price???

hi tiruk, my car already in manual mod.. i didnt get it separately.. Dunno what the price in halfcut shop..

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:13 am 
SOHC
SOHC

your old gearbox not similar with gearbox h22a engine.. the ratio gear is different.. pedal n other parts its ok